Cake Smash DIY
Here is how the "DIY" works.
1. Go to the following links to choose the desired Cake Smash background. Follow the instruction in the gallery to create a "Favorite List." using your email.
Cake Smash for boys: https://ses2.pixieset.com/cakesmash/oneyearbirthdayboy/
Cake Smash for girls: https://ses2.pixieset.com/cakesmash/oneyearbirthdaygirl/
2. Take a photo of your kids with the best camera you have. Phone photo works too. Follow the photograph tips below as much as you can.
3. Email your kid's photo to email@example.com
4. I will transfer your kids from the picture you took to the cake smash background you chose. $35 per image.
5. You will get your kid's photos back within a week.
How to shoot for the composite purpose:
- Always use a camera if you have one. If you don't, use your phone. Turn the phone's Jpeg format size to the largest. Use Portrait mode if it's available on your phone. If your camera supports RAW format, please use RAW.
- When you take photos, make sure your kid's full body is in the frame. Do not cut off any limb in the images. For example, no cutting off toes, arms, legs and hair. Also, make sure your kid's toes are not buried in the backdrop sheet if you use one.
- The camera/phone MUST be level with your kid's eyes, which means your knees need to be on the floor if necessary. Don't shoot from top-down or bottom-up. Keep the camera straight. The angle is very important.
- Make sure there is PLENTY of light. If you take photos indoor, the window is a great light source. The overcast weather is preferred; However, when it's sunny, try to find a piece of sheer light coloured fabric to diffuse the harsh sunlight. Soft even lighting is ideal. ONLY USE NATURAL LIGHT, DO NOT USE ANY HOUSEHOLD LIGHT.
- If you take photos outdoors, bring your kids to a shaded area. Avoid harsh sunlight.
- For the best result, a backdrop sheet should be used (bedsheet or any type of fabric). The colour of the sheet should be a light neutral colour, such as white, cream, light grey and light beige. Keep the sheet in place with heavy items in each corner if you prefer.