Here is how the "DIY" works.
1. Go to to choose the desired background. Follow the instruction in the gallery to create a "Favorite List" using your email.
2. Take a photo with the best camera you have. Phone photo works too. Follow the photograph tips below as much as you can.
3. Contact me to verify if the backgrounds would work with the images you took. (optional step)
4. Email your photos to
5. I will transfer the people from the picture you took to the background you chose—$ 35 per image.
6. You will get your photos back within a week.
How to shoot for the composite purpose:
• Always use a camera if you have one. If you don't, use your phone. Turn the phone's Jpeg format size to the largest. Use Portrait mode if it's available on your phone. If your camera supports RAW format, please use RAW.
• When you take photos, make sure the subject's full body is in the frame. Do not cut off any limb in the images. For example, do not cut off toes, arms, legs and hair.
• The camera/phone MUST be level with your subject's eyes. Don't shoot from top-down or bottom-up. Keep the camera straight with no tilting.
• Make sure there is PLENTY of light. If you take photos indoors, use the window as a light source. Find the brightest room in the house to photograph. The overcast weather is preferred; However, when it's sunny, find a piece of sheer light coloured fabric to diffuse harsh sunlight. Soft even lighting is ideal. ONLY USE NATURAL LIGHT, DO NOT USE ANY HOUSEHOLD LIGHT.
• Use light coloured wall/fabric as your background if you can. If your floor is dark, lay a light neutral coloured fabric/blanket on the floor.
• If you take photos outdoors, photograph in a shaded area. Avoid harsh sunlight.